PDA

View Full Version : RADIO PROBLEM PLEASE HELP!!!

tonypeters
30-10-2006, 01:17 AM
i had JL subs put into my 99 audi A4 but kept all the original stereo and 6 disc changer nistalled. i sold the subs. and now when i turn my car on the radio just says SAFE on the little screen.. i cant change anything. is there a way to reset it or anything like that? i no longer have my owners manual. PLEASE HELP!!!

adamss24
30-10-2006, 08:37 AM
you need to go to the dealer and they will remove the stereo for you and will input the serial number in their computers and they should be able to get a safety code for you.

tonypeters
30-10-2006, 01:56 PM
is there no other way? i read somewhere the code might be in mytrunk. i dont want to have to take the car to the dealeship.

adamss24
30-10-2006, 04:04 PM
In the trunk its the sticker that has engine/gearbox code, trim level+ options but no radio code. You could try a stereo decoding shop(car alarm shop) or a dealer as they need diagnostic equipment to read the code + specialized software. Dealer has its own database where he is reading the serial nr from the stereo and keys onto their computer system and thats how they get the code. Check your car manuals as owners make notes of the radio code.