PDA

View Full Version : Skoda Octavia loses power

octavia1.6
26-01-2008, 08:17 PM
Hi there,

I have a 1999 Skoda Octavia 1.6 AEE MARELLI 1AVM. I have had a recent problem with my car of the car stalling when I would approach traffic lights or junctions and also ideling eradically. I managed to gain access to VAG-COM and ran the diagnostics the following error was troown up.

00282 - Throttle Position Actuator (V60)
36-00 - Open Circuit

I spoke to local mechanic he told me throttle body would have to be replaced then the throttle body would have to be realligned.As the previous owner was a firend of mine I was chatting to him and he informed me that a few months ago he replaced the throttle body but never realligned. So I thought a good place to start was to give the throttle body a clean and do a reallignment with vag com. After I completed this I was shocked the car was running better than ever ideling fine and no stalling. However when Im traveling along at about 2000-3000 rpm the car suddenly loses power it dosent stall just loses power for a moment then kicks into life again. I decided to run VAG-COM again and this time two errors were dispalyed.

00519 - Intake Manifold Pressure Sensor (G71)
27-10 - Implausible Signal - Intermittent
00282 - Throttle Position Actuator (V60)
36-00 - Open Circuit

Does this mean that during cleaning I may have damaged the MAP sensor?

Or do I still have to replace the throttle body?

rooster
22-02-2008, 06:47 PM
My felicia 1.6 loses power as u described - just got 2nd hand. The garaged thought it was the MAP sensor and swapped it with one from another car, but it still does it. so I'm none the wiser.

greg123
29-02-2008, 10:05 PM
I think the MAP sensor needs replacing, but it could be the wiring - check connections. I also think the TPA is faulty or you have faulty wiring to it/connector. Play with the connections/wiring, clear fault codes and if you can't see anything wrong I'd look at replacing them. Some others may have a definitive guide to tracing the wiring if you have wiring issues, so far been lucky and never had many of them - always been the sensors/units.]

Greg.

rooster
03-03-2008, 11:43 AM
thanks a lot rooster

I think the MAP sensor needs replacing, but it could be the wiring - check connections. I also think the TPA is faulty or you have faulty wiring to it/connector. Play with the connections/wiring, clear fault codes and if you can't see anything wrong I'd look at replacing them. Some others may have a definitive guide to tracing the wiring if you have wiring issues, so far been lucky and never had many of them - always been the sensors/units.]

Greg.

octavia1.6
16-03-2008, 02:28 AM
Still havent sorted the problem replaced map snsor car still looses power. On a mechanics advice bought a Throttle body Waitingfor it to arrive from ebay its an OEM. Heres hoping it fixes the problem

greg123
16-03-2008, 11:38 AM
Those are the two bits I advised. You did change the map (in inlet manifold) not MAF (by air filter) didn't you?

Whe it has the new throttle body, do a Throttle Body Alignment (instructions on here somewhere) with ignition on but engine off. Then clear all fault codes, go for a drive and post back with
a) how it drives
b) a full fault code scan

I'm sure the bottom of this dilema will be got to!

Greg.

Still havent sorted the problem replaced map snsor car still looses power. On a mechanics advice bought a Throttle body Waitingfor it to arrive from ebay its an OEM. Heres hoping it fixes the problem

bunowna1234
26-05-2008, 10:51 PM
Finally got it sorted today got my second hand throttle off ebay. Lost in post just my luck. Anyways at first was ideling irradically then I did throttle allignment with VAG COM problem solved YEPEEE!!

greg123
27-05-2008, 09:55 AM
Well done.

Fault code said throttle position actuator, you replaced it, problem gone.

Great thing this car diagnosing it's self isn't it???

;-)