PDA

View Full Version : engine noise on '07 A4 2.0TDI (170)

JJ1976
26-01-2008, 04:26 PM
First-time poster alert!! There is a noise (best described as a clatter) coming from the engine of my car under certain conditions, as follows: part / balanced throttle (fine when not on the throttle or under load), when engine is partially warmed through (i.e. not completely cold but not fully warmed through either). The car is 10 months old with 12k miles. Oil is checked regularly and is about midway on the dispstick marker. Seems to be intermittent, started not long after buying the car (from new), seemed to disappear for a while, and sometimes returns. I;ve tried to seach this forum for ideas, but only similar problem I could find was someone with a Golf but no-one responded to him - any ideas anyone??? Any help much appreciated... Also, the power steering groans on a hard lock, previous one did this too, so I assume they all do...

jonbaker
27-01-2008, 07:46 PM
Why dont you just take it back to Audi? it must be under warranty still?

JJ1976
27-01-2008, 08:48 PM
Thanks for the reply. It looks like I will have to take it back to the dealership, it's just that it is an intermittent problem so the chances are that when I take it back, there will be nothing for them to hear / see. I just thought that if anyone else had experienced similar problems I might have been able to save some time and effort, and been able to point the dealer in the right direction if they were scratching their heads. It's obviously not a common problem, so I'll take it back and see what they say...