PDA

View Full Version : vag-com problem

DEL_BOI
26-01-2008, 03:33 PM
ive bought a seriel vagcom cable which when i got it i relised i dont have a port on my laptop for it.....so then i bought an adaptor (to usb) which never worked...so the adaptor got taken back and i tested my seriel obd2 cable by taking the old pc into the car, which was a hassle lol. it worked, but i still wanted to use my laptop for the diagnostics so i purchased a usb obd2 cable and thought this would work but it doesnt come up in the corner as it should ROSS-TECH>>HEX , ive installed my usb driver for the cable and it says the hardware is installed and ready to use. but its not connecting to the car......

any ideas

help please:(:(

xsi
26-01-2008, 06:17 PM
with the USB cagcom cable plugged in, go to control panel/system/com and lpt ports
Check which COM port your cable is using. Match this with the settings in vagcom (i.e: tell vagcom which com port your cable is on).

DEL_BOI
26-01-2008, 07:14 PM
right am in ports(lpt and com) but its coming up as com 12 and in my vagcom program there is only com1 com2 com3 com4 and USB????but when i test them all, none of them are found..... can i change this com 12 on my laptop??

DEL_BOI
26-01-2008, 07:21 PM
its ok managed to change it to com 2 thanks very much for your help mate much appreciated.....:D:D:D

onzarob
26-01-2008, 08:08 PM
You got there in the end...well done:D