PDA

View Full Version : Golf Glove Box

mjay
26-01-2008, 11:50 AM
Hey guys

I have to replace my glove box in my Golf s Cabriolet 1999 as the lock mech inside has broken. I can easily do it myself just need to find out if there is anywhere cheaper to get it other than VW themselves.

Anybody know?

not sure what the part number is though...

Toiletduck
27-01-2008, 12:29 PM
Hey guys

I have to replace my glove box in my Golf s Cabriolet 1999 as the lock mech inside has broken. I can easily do it myself just need to find out if there is anywhere cheaper to get it other than VW themselves.

Anybody know?

not sure what the part number is though...

Hi,

I have exactly the same problem if anyone can help. The lock jammed and I had to force it open the lid just hangs open now.

cheers

andy

robat282
27-01-2008, 12:44 PM
Had exactly the same problem with the my Bora over a year ago. I got the part from VW, it wasnt actually that expensive (cheaper than Peugeot when I had a similar problem with my 306) and cost about 20quid, if i remember rightly.

If you go to VW they can show you an exploded diagram of the glove box, you just need the outer most piece which has the locking parts in (again if memory serves), you could always get the part number from them and then hunt around on the web.

mjay
27-01-2008, 01:44 PM
Yeah thats what i need is a part number....

so can you just replace the door of the box i thought you had to replace the whole thing?

i've managed to push the door closed and a mate broke off the handle so you can put finger in and open like that...

but want it fixed

saint_78
30-01-2008, 10:41 PM
I have a mk3 golf gti 8v the lock on my glove box was broken when i bought the car i found replacement parts on e-bay some sell the front and back together others seperate always worth a look