PDA

View Full Version : A4 Oil Change

Brypenny
28-10-2006, 03:54 PM
Bought A4 1.9 TDI SE (late 2003 model) 6 months ago, mileage 90k, FSH. Car running well but just coming upto 100k miles so thinking about doing oil change myself. Any advice on changing filter, best oil to use, whether or not to run engine flush prior to changing oil etc....?

stuart
28-10-2006, 04:10 PM
Hi

If you are doing the service yourself, please make sure you obtain the correct oil for the engine... VAG Diesels can use a number of oils, all different specifications. If you look in the "supporting companies" section, you can email Opioils for excellent advise.

Stuart

TheMatador
23-09-2007, 04:06 PM
Hi guys, I know this thread was started a while ago but I'm in a very similar position to Brypenny. My '53 TDi avant is coming up to its 100k service (minor service = £300 quid at dealer). For longlife services the oil spec is VW 506 01 but this has now been superseded by VW507 (extra 3 quid/L !!). My main question though is how does one go about changing the oil? I've looked under the car and there's a whole load of plastic covering the sump. Do you need to take it all off or is it best to buy one of those devices to suck it up through the dipstick pipe?

Thanks

Actually - scrap the question, I found the answer at : http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_do_you_change_the_oil_in_an_Audi_A4

you do have to take the cover plates off.

onzarob
08-10-2007, 10:09 PM
Hi guys, I know this thread was started a while ago but I'm in a very similar position to Brypenny. My '53 TDi avant is coming up to its 100k service (minor service = £300 quid at dealer). For longlife services the oil spec is VW 506 01 but this has now been superseded by VW507 (extra 3 quid/L !!). My main question though is how does one go about changing the oil? I've looked under the car and there's a whole load of plastic covering the sump. Do you need to take it all off or is it best to buy one of those devices to suck it up through the dipstick pipe?

Thanks

Actually - scrap the question, I found the answer at : http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_do_you_change_the_oil_in_an_Audi_A4

you do have to take the cover plates off.

Don't forget a new copper washer for your sump plug, saves leaks later;)