PDA

View Full Version : Audi A4 Door Mouldings

THE MONSTER
25-01-2008, 05:28 PM
Hi,I'm really new to this forum so I want to wish everyone well..I have a paint problem..my Audi 1997 A4 1.8t with a full body kit on..is in the paint shop at the moment being totally reprayed and I was advise by the tech guys that the Black moulding Rubbers on the bottom of the doors cannot be sprayed because they say quite rightly that the paint would not take too well to the rubber..I have contacted Audi and they don't do a moulding in Primer..if I leave the black mouldings has they are it really makes the car look odd and spoils the whole apperance..I wondered if anyone had this problem before and what they did to solve it..I have seen plenty of A4's on various sites before and in full body kit with the door mouldings in colour to match and wondered where these people have got the mouldings from or are they painting the rubber originals..

audimad
28-01-2008, 12:34 PM
With the correct addatives they can be painted,though the paint is not as hard wearing as the paint on the car. IE if you catch one of the trims or bend one the paint will crack.

I have had some done, and they were fine right up until i sold them on. However, the trims tend to last a few years and rust out, so get a new set, then get them painted

THE MONSTER
28-01-2008, 01:09 PM
Hi,Thanks Audimad for your reply..I have had many suggestions about painting the new rubber Mouldings especially from our cousins in the U.S.A. they said the same to get the paintshop to put some Flexi Additive in the paint but nobody will warranty the paint job...however I have been looking over the weekend and found out through Etka(Audi Parts)software..that the S4 Mouldings comes primed you need a backing strip for the new primed covers to fit on..the only other downside is because they are anything to do with an S4 they are really expensive I would appreciate if any one knows where to get these stock Audi parts from a bit cheaper otherwise it's Audi I'm afraid and a Mortgage job...