PDA

View Full Version : eos build quality

frosty
28-10-2006, 12:16 PM
hi ,
taken delivery of very low milage ex demo, nice car goes well top speed yet to be confirmed :)
my car has lost computer average mpg screen display ... also rear near side quarter window seems to have a mind of its own .... goes up and down when it wants to ??? Oh yes and the usual roof problem fails to complete raising lowering operation . .

car has been in for repair longer that its been on the road
Oh well summer has gone anyway :(

has anyone out there had electronic/mechanical problems yet

frosty

neh321
30-10-2006, 12:36 PM
Only slight electrical glitches:

When raising n.s. front door window it goes up then comes half-way down again occasionally;

when opening boot using internal switch it pops open but by the time you get around the back it has shut itself again (sometimes just as you put your fingers under it..). This happens a lot but haven't mentioned it to the dealer yet.

Otherwise it's fine.

Paul Hopkinson
30-10-2006, 03:35 PM
When my Eos was two weeks old, then one morning it would not start.
Ther was just a rapid clicking niose under the bonnet, and three waring lights on the dash, EPC, Battery, and Exhaust.
I had to wait for 1 hour for the VW breakdown service to turn up.
The mechanic said it was a flat battery.
I then had to wait another 40 minutes while the battery was recharged and then informed that no fault was found that would cause the battery to be drained !
I returned the car to the main dealer for an inspection of the electrical circuits and they too reported that no fault was found.

Two weeks later, and the car was back at the main dealer to have the dual zone climate control fixed as this had failed.
I hinted to the dealer that maybe this failure was related to the flat battery incident, but they did not think that this was relevant, although the failure of the climate control has been pointed out by the dealer as the reason why my Eos suffers from internal condensation (please see earlier posting)
:(

Sam
31-10-2006, 02:41 PM
Well look at that, those clever guys at VAG made sure the electrical gremlins we all loved in our old school VWs made it through to the newer models too :biglaugh:

It wouldn't be the same if they were perfect.

neh321
31-10-2006, 02:46 PM
It's called 'character' in an Italian car...:biglaugh:

frosty
31-10-2006, 07:19 PM
It's called 'character' in an Italian car...:biglaugh:

"Technisch kann nicht repariert werden"

frosty
03-11-2006, 10:00 PM
mmmm
my eos has just had the rear qrtr window replaced ... it took 4 replacement motors to swap out and find one that worked correctly ....... in the end the main agent garage sorted the probem .. and they spent a couple of weeks to fix the job.. They -The garage- bent over backwards to help .. Many thanks to them ..
Seems that there may be a problem in the motor manufacture ..and i hear a little rumor that the motor supplier has a problem ( quality ) and there is now apparantly a 3 month waiting list for the replacement motor for the rear quarter window.!s so beware if the window motors are all the same type your window motor may fail... get the garage to sort it ...

hitachizx
10-01-2007, 10:13 PM
My passenger front window ocasionaly rolls half way down when the door is closed. Dealer has tried but failed to repair it. Getting very frustrated as we have returned to the car a couple of times to find the window half way down.

neh321
11-01-2007, 09:59 AM
My passenger front window ocasionaly rolls half way down when the door is closed. Dealer has tried but failed to repair it. Getting very frustrated as we have returned to the car a couple of times to find the window half way down.

It's a problem with the seals which can get sticky. The window thinks there's an obstacle in the way when going up so comes half way back down again!

Get your dealer to lubricate the window seals!

GurnyGub
11-01-2007, 01:22 PM
There's a fix for this that your dealer can get from VW.
I don't want to sound like a know-all (as if), as I have'nt even got my car yet, but you can find about all these tech queries on vwvortex. Ok, it's mostly US posts but the answers are there I think. I must stress I don't want people to leave here, I like this site and I want it to grow, but that's where you'll get detailed help. The Yanks are fussier than you think! Then come back here for the craic, problems hopefully resolved.
John:beerchug: