PDA

View Full Version : turbo vanes.

davetdiredi
25-01-2008, 03:57 PM
Has anybody tried the thing in the how toos section about cleaning the turbo vanes. I would like to know how easy it is if anybody has tried.

ddreeves
26-01-2008, 07:39 PM
No, but considering the same question myself. Is this a DIY job, or will I end up walking to work the following week, andhaving my dinner surrounded by bits of VW Turbo I don't know how to put back together.

The big issue here is that it will cost hundreds if you go to a dealer, probably thousands as they try to sell you a replacement unit. Then it is difficult to converse with more affordable garages, they say "right, well bring it in and we'll diagnose the problem and let you know what we can do"; they won't listen to an instruction like "follow this guide on removing and cleaning the Turbo".

This seems to be a common and easily diagnosed issue, and any car that is approaching or over 6 digit miles is likely to be having this issue if the symptons are the same. So, it should be an opportunity for someone to be charging £20/hour rather than £90/hour to get quite a bit of custom. Where are they??