PDA

View Full Version : T4 Alloys

Ricky
25-01-2008, 11:51 AM
Hi, Ive got a 2001 T4. Got standard 15' vw alloys on at the moment which came with it.

I've been wandering for ages about getting some bigger ones. I have sourced some RS 6 or RS 8 copies for about 600 pounds with tyres.

These are van rated tyres but not wheels. Does anyone know how serious this is with the law and insurance etc.

I see hundreds of T4's with these wheels and similar ones which are obvously not van rated either.

My van is only insured for personal use and is never loaded up

Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Thankd

t4olga
25-01-2008, 08:34 PM
Hi, Ive got a 2001 T4. Got standard 15' vw alloys on at the moment which came with it.

I've been wandering for ages about getting some bigger ones. I have sourced some RS 6 or RS 8 copies for about 600 pounds with tyres.

These are van rated tyres but not wheels. Does anyone know how serious this is with the law and insurance etc.

I see hundreds of T4's with these wheels and similar ones which are obvously not van rated either.

My van is only insured for personal use and is never loaded up

Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Thankd

my sister works for insurance company and has done for years and says if you have a total loss claim they will look for any excuse not to pay out.
but if you inform them you have fitted larger wheels and pay any additonal costs you should be ok.

olga

Ricky
06-02-2008, 01:56 PM
Thanks for that. Just gone the whole way and spent a load of money on commercial 18's and tyres.

Looks great

bora(ing) nick
06-02-2008, 02:14 PM
would love to see pics of a van on 18's

Nick