PDA

View Full Version : A6 retrospective SAT Nav installation

liepins_ap
25-01-2008, 09:49 AM
Good morning. I have an A6 2.7 TDI Quattro SE Avant, 2006 model. It is fitted with MMI (larger screen) and a colour DIS. It has GSM phone prep. Does anyone know if I can retrospectively fitted DVD sat nav and TV function?

dave9_3
10-02-2008, 10:44 AM
Good morning. I have an A6 2.7 TDI Quattro SE Avant, 2006 model. It is fitted with MMI (larger screen) and a colour DIS. It has GSM phone prep. Does anyone know if I can retrospectively fitted DVD sat nav and TV function?

HI, The sat nav is a fairly easy DIY job if yiuve got the colour MMI screen already. You need the wiring kit, DVD unit and the fibre optic cables. the DVD unit simply slots into the metal cage behind the LHS trim panel in the boot. Kits are available from Kufatec in Germany. You can opt for a hidden GPS antenna (attachs to the black part of the rear screen under the trim, or you can get a sharksfin antenna. If you go for that option, you need to drill a hole in the roof and mess with the interior roof trim :aargh4:.

TV is also possible (again Kufatec do a kit) but its a lot more involved, particularly the installation of the antennas.

Daytripper
10-02-2008, 11:56 AM
I looked in to this for my A6, I didn't have the colour screen upgrade but inclusive of the screen I was looking at a £1000 :(

dave9_3
10-02-2008, 04:36 PM
I looked in to this for my A6, I didn't have the colour screen upgrade but inclusive of the screen I was looking at a £1000 :(

Yeh if you've got the colour MMI screen its easier and significantly cheaper. If you try ebay Germany, there are more units available for sale than in the UK. I managed to get the DVD unit, current (then) navigation disc and part of the wiring kit for around £400. If you dont feel happy doing it yourself, there are a couple of people who will supply and fit retrospectively for reasonable prices.

m6rk
11-02-2008, 02:15 PM
navplus.us is THE place with the knowledge. I retrofitted an rns-e (dvd satnav) to my 2000 A6. All i needed was to run two wires for the canbus from the cluster, and buy an adaptor hardness from kufatech.

http://pix.m6rk.com/rns/16062007141.jpg

et voila

http://pix.m6rk.com/rns/17062007144.jpg

Then I needed vagcom to code the car into knowing it was there. I also added a oem bluetooth unit at the same time...

liepins_ap
11-02-2008, 02:38 PM
Thank you for your responses. I contacted an Audi dealer and they told me the prices to retro-fit would be approximately £2000. They had to install all of the wiring which would take at least 3 hours. Once fitted, it had to be calibrated and put on the diagnostic machine – another 2 hours. I found a link from this site (SATNAV) and they fitted it for me for a total of £1175. It took them 45 minutes in total and of course didn’t need calibrating. It works perfectly. I found a new unit with wiring for sale on eBay today from an Audi dealer in the UK for £499 – just needed the DVD. I could have done it myself and saved a lot of money. Oh well!