PDA

View Full Version : New Audi A4 Xenon Headlamps

moptisam2
25-01-2008, 07:22 AM
Pls note that the Xenon headlights with LED daytime running lights that are advertised on p. 33 of the downloadable catalogue (PDF 4) are NOT going to be available on the SE. Mention of them in the PDF is a mistake.

According to Audi Customer Service yesterday, they are only going to be available on the S line, which will be available to order in the Spring (date not specified).

I don't know what you get extra with the S line (I have a 2005 2.0 SE TDI) so I may be wrong, but I got the impression that the S line is more for 'boy racers'.

I want another SE but am not happy with the headlamps, so thought I would order a new one with the Xenon.

As they are available in Germany on the non-S line model it seems illogical not to make them available on the equivalent model in the UK.

I have contacted Germany and will let you know what I find out.

:zx11:

Froggy
25-01-2008, 11:12 AM
That doesn't make a lot of sense, I ordered the Xenons' on my 2003 2.5TDi Avant SE! They are available as an option on every other Audi in the range...

Are you sure it's not just the LED DLR that you won't get. (Although even that doesn't make much sense)... ??

RickT
25-01-2008, 04:19 PM
Its just the Adaptive Xenons and DLR's you don't get... you can upgrade to Xenons only.

PS... I take it your talking about the NEW B8

Rick

moptisam2
26-01-2008, 06:58 AM
Froggy. Yes I am sure At least of what follows)

What happened is that I downloaded PDF no. 4 from the Audi UK website, (because it was there before they had a Configurator on the website) and made a list of the options that I would like on the new A4. When they put a Configurator on the website I went through that to produce a spec which I can take round the dealers. On the configurator I noticed that there are no xenon headlights listed, so I contacted Audi UK. I received the following reply from the customer service department:

" Thank you for your e-mail and I apologise for the delay in my response.In regards to your query, I have spoken to our Marketing Department who advise that Xenon headlights with LED daytime running lights are fitted as standard on S-line models only. They are not available on basic or SE models.
If you require any further information I can be contacted on the details below.
Kind regards
Amy Wilson
Correspondence Advisor
Audi Customer Services
Tel: 0800 699888 Ext. 63139
Fax: 0113 3932585
E-Mail: amy.wilson@audi.co.uk “

I rang her to ask why they are shown as being an option on the SE on page 33 of the above PDF. She said that in her above message she had made a small mistake in that she had forgotten to say that according to the Marketing department there is a mistake in the PDF and that xenon headlights should not have been mentioned. They are only going to be available on the S-line model. She thanked me for pointing out this mistake in the PDF and said it will be rectified shortly.

Since I speak German I checked the Audi Germany website and found that you can get the xenon headlights as an option on the "Ambition", one model down from the S Line.

I then sent a message to Audi Germany saying that I am not happy with this decision and that, in view of the fact that they are available on other than the S line model, they should also be available on the SE in England.
I have had an acknowledgement of this message but no firm reply. I will let you know what it says when I get it.

Sorry Rick T I don't know what the B8 is. I am talking about the new A4 which will be in dealers’ showrooms on the 23rd of next month. As for the daytime running lights, according to p. 7 of the PDF, they are standard on all A4 models.

Froggy
28-01-2008, 04:38 PM
moptism: I wasn't doubting you - It just seemed very strange.

I'm afraid that Audi Germany won't /can't help. Spec. variations, and what options they do and don't market, are totally at the control of the importer, in this case Audi UK. They will simply pass your email onto the UK.

If you get a response I'll be glad to see it as I would be looking at a SE and would want Xenon lights.

moptisam2
30-01-2008, 07:52 AM
Froggy

Yes, I think you will turn out to be right.

However, they can't just send my message straight to the UK as I wrote it in my best German (I've got an MA in it) - deliberately.

I guess I'll have to wait and see what the S has to offer. One thing I don't want are sports seats. I had them on a couple of A3s I got from the garage when the A4 was in for service. They held me in too hard.

Regards

Rohit Deepak
24-09-2008, 12:08 PM
I have just taken delivery of a new A4 Avant SE- having spent over £40k on the car, you can imagine the disappointment at not having Xenons.

I have trodden the path of speaking with Germany - who whilst very polite - replied that the terms that they have agreed with the importer, limits the Xenon's to the S line.

If you want black and black and the kit, then fine but not if you want to have a choice of interiors.

Audi have really slipped up - the chances are that they have lost the opportunity to make money on an accessory which most would have gone for - aesthetics are one thing - safety is quite another.

If anyone knows of a secondary provider please let me and indeed others know - the obvious question will be how this will/may impact on the warranty.

Surprisingly a dealer had an A4 SE Saloon - a launch model, with Xenon's - just goes to show it can be done, if there is a will.