PDA

View Full Version : hey guys im have a small problem...

ewwwvtec
25-01-2008, 01:55 AM
hey guys i am having a problem with my scirocco. i see thata lot of people if not all people on here are from europe so i hope someone camn help. im from the states and i have a 1984 scirocco and i cant get it to start at all. it turns over but wont fire. its getting fuel and spark but i just cant get it to start. i was told that the brain box could be shot or a bad fuel pump relay. i checked the relay and the fuel pump just keeps priming itself. it has a CIS injection set-up. if anyone could i would truely and highly appreciate it. cheers to all as you say i think ha ha ha:beerchug: and again thanks a lot guys

Captain Answer
25-01-2008, 05:00 AM
hey guys i am having a problem with my scirocco. i see thata lot of people if not all people on here are from europe so i hope someone camn help. im from the states and i have a 1984 scirocco and i cant get it to start at all. it turns over but wont fire. its getting fuel and spark but i just cant get it to start. i was told that the brain box could be shot or a bad fuel pump relay. i checked the relay and the fuel pump just keeps priming itself. it has a CIS injection set-up. if anyone could i would truely and highly appreciate it. cheers to all as you say i think ha ha ha:beerchug: and again thanks a lot guys

Could the timing be out? I'd get yourself over to the scirocco register website in my signature and put a post in the help section ;)

ewwwvtec
25-01-2008, 11:18 PM
well i know that the timing is dead on i have checked the timing spots probably three times and made sure they were all lined up but still have nothing

tut_gareth
29-01-2008, 08:37 PM
Hi.

Which engine is it?

ewwwvtec
29-01-2008, 09:05 PM
its the 1.8 8v....now the fuel pump keeps priming and doesnt stop priming.....i could have the key on for an hour and the fuel pump will just keep priming....is that an issue?