PDA

View Full Version : ADVICE RE Removing Fuel Temp Sender

JR001
27-10-2006, 07:34 PM
Hi Folks,
Does anyone have any simple advice on how best to get into disconnect my fuel temp. sender. Model is 2002 A4 1.9TDI 100SE. It just looks a bit tight for my hands around this area what with fuel lines and air intake hoses in the way.

Cheers.

dieselmonkey
31-10-2006, 05:20 PM
Hi,

Do you mean fuel temp or water temp?

JR001
31-10-2006, 07:09 PM
Yes, fuel temp.

JR001
01-11-2006, 09:21 PM
Sorted. I just went in from the right hand side by the washer reservoir, kind of down and then up with screwdriver in hand to release green clip. Then put tuning box on and reconnected master loom. Not as tight as I first thought. Nae probs in the end.:beerchug:

adamss24
01-11-2006, 10:14 PM
Sorted. I just went in from the right hand side by the washer reservoir, kind of down and then up with screwdriver in hand to release green clip. Then put tuning box on and reconnected master loom. Not as tight as I first thought. Nae probs in the end.:beerchug:
Where did you get the tuning box, ebay and for how much ? The reason i am asking is PD engines are very easy to "tune" just by puting a resistor in series on the Fuel Temp Sensor thus increasing the resistance and tricking the ECU into thinking that its too cold and forcing him to pump more fuel to help with a cold start. Thats what your expensive tuning box is.... You should buy from a good vendor next time: Psi Motorsport, Steinbauer, Revotechnik, Superchips, etc.

JR001
02-11-2006, 12:09 AM
Yes, ebay. But got it from someone who had a spare one and sold it for tenner. Trying this sort of thing out for the first time. Having had a one hour drive since fitting I am quite pleased with the outcome for the price. Definetely faster and slightly more responsive on throttle.

What sort of alternatives can you recommend for the future, when I may be in a stronger position to dive in more fully?

This is my first Audi and I would like to upgrade model next time, perhaps without having to resort to any form of alteration on this front. But that is three and a half years away!

Would be interesting to hear your views.

Cheers.

mikecmr
03-11-2006, 01:25 PM
My views are dont buy crappy resistors off ebay, if you want to gain extra power go to a tuning company www.mrctuning.com

tony_anon
31-12-2006, 12:05 PM
Hi,

I have a 2003 A4 1.9TDI SE 100. I cant seem to find this fuel temp sensor! I've looked around the screenwasher reservoir but can't find any green clips anywhere! Anybody know where it is in this model?

Cheers.

JR001
31-12-2006, 01:00 PM
I would like to make a slight!!!! alteration to my earlier post. Retaining clips should only be removed if you are removing the sensor itself. If you are looking to disconnect the electrical connection to do what I did then you just use a flat head screwdriver to help release it. Any attempt to remove the sensor's retaining clip to the fuel line will almost certainly result in the clip losing itself in the engine bay. They fire off with a fair force!!! You will then have a fuel leak on your hands.

Oh and by the way you may find that yours is a BLACK retaining clip and is difficult to see amongst all the other black bits.

Hope this helps. PM me if you require further advice.

Cheers, JOHN

Dave Avant
31-12-2006, 01:04 PM
Remove the engine top cover, then at the back of the engine near the bulk head you will see a canister with pipes coming out of the top, just behind this is a black hose underneath the black boost pipe, here you will find the plug. I'll take a pic later if I get chance. :beerchug: