PDA

View Full Version : Bora Break Probs.

Stopher
27-10-2006, 06:08 PM
Hello out there,
I am new to this forum, so firstly i would like to say hello.:D
I have a 2000 (w)bora and have a re-occuring problem with break judder. I have had two sets of discs and pads fitted in the last 18 months. I have been told it could be a problem with the ABS management system. Has anyone had this problem or could give me some advice. PLEASE HELP!!!!:1zhelp:
Cheers
Stopher

adamss24
27-10-2006, 06:35 PM
you need to have the car scanned for fault codes. Check the abs wheel sensors if they are plugged all the way in and if any of them is not disconected as it would make the control unit think that one of the wheel is locking and will lock/unlock to regain traction hence the judder. If you have a code related to the abs sensors, replace the one that relates to the fault code as they quite inexpensive and easy to change. They get easily damaged if the machanic leaves the calipers not supported , free hanging.

Stopher
30-10-2006, 09:33 PM
Many thanks for your reply. I have had the fault codes checked and it came up with no faults. However I will look at what you have suggested. Is there a chance that if this is the problem that the disks could be warped?
Again many thanks
:beerchug:

adamss24
30-10-2006, 10:50 PM
How hard you drive the car ? If it was a abs management fault it would have show on the scanner- set codes in the memory. Also are you using genuine brake discs and pads ? How you describe the judder, is it felt when you brake hard or all the times ? If it only when braking hard then its normal as the abs its stopping the wheels from locking.