PDA

View Full Version : vag com refuses to communicate.

darkhorse1001
24-01-2008, 04:26 PM
i hope someone on here can be of some help. I have a 99 facelift A4 and a registered copy of vagcom 409, i have endless problems trying to get the laptop to connect properly, first it will not find the interface unless the engine is running, not just with the ignition to 'on'. It will also refuse to recognise the interface without the aircon running?! even if the interface is recognised when testing in the options screen, it then fails to communicate with any modules in the car once the connection has been established and saved.

the car does have an aftermarket radio, which i've been told can cause problems. but removing and disconnecting the HU doesn't seem to make any difference. Ross tech refuse to help as the lead was not bought from them.

i've posted this under the diagnostics section as well (forgive me if multiple posting is not allowed) but was wondering if it could be a known issue with the B5?

I'm gonna have ago with a mates golf, to rule out the laptop and the cable being faulty in some way.

darkhorse1001
24-01-2008, 06:32 PM
ignore the above. turned out to be the stereo after all.