PDA

View Full Version : Roof problems following accident. Help please

vickime
24-01-2008, 04:24 PM
I bought an Eos last March and was very pleased with it, there were no problems at all. Early in September a driver came out of a side turning and managed to damage every panel on the passenger side and the car was in the VW dealers for 3 months having repairs made. When it was returned it was OK except for a really bad wind noise from the drivers window and there was a gap between 2 pieces of trim where the roof joins the windscreen(the A post? sorry I'm not very technical!), it was large enough for me to put my fingers through. We returned it and when we picked it up the garage told us that gap should be there and had tried to open up the same trim join on the passenger side as they told us that was at fault not the drivers side. It also now leaks water.

Do other Eos' have this gap? The dealer is now being very difficult and I am sure the car roof should not be like this. If you have an Eos could you look sometime above your driver window and tell me if there is a gap there please where the roof joins the front of the car. Thank you

dansansome
24-01-2008, 04:50 PM
well im no eos owner or expert, but if it now leaks water, then it isnt right. sounds like they know they havent done it properly, and are trying to pull the wool over your eyes.

maybe they misquoted for the repairs, and are trying to pass on their screw up onto you, by not fixing it how they should.

chrisvrscrx
24-01-2008, 04:58 PM
Surley it must still be under warranty? Take it back and tell them you want it sorting.

vickime
24-01-2008, 06:22 PM
That's what we thought might be the case so the insurers engineer is coming to check. Thanks