PDA

View Full Version : Climate Control - 04 Passat 130 1.9 TDi - Advice Please

TeaTimeGilly
24-01-2008, 04:21 PM
:oHi

Got my first VW yesterday.

Could someone confirm that the Climate Control (the electronic one) has Air Conditioning built in.

If so - how can I turn it on?

I have looked in the manual, but it only gives A/C details on the manual dials set up (old style).

Many thanks.

Gilly

chrisvrscrx
24-01-2008, 04:36 PM
The air con is always is on unless you press 'ECON'. Econ turns it off, then econ will be displayed.

MalcQV
24-01-2008, 11:58 PM
What Chris said. If your are on auto and say press the demist button then then it is replaced by nothing. Similarly if you press the fan speed button.

Altair
25-01-2008, 10:51 AM
What Chris said. If your are on auto and say press the demist button then then it is replaced by nothing. Similarly if you press the fan speed button.
Without sounding too much of a nob, what does 'ECON' stand for?:o

chrisvrscrx
25-01-2008, 10:55 AM
ECONOMY. The car uses more fuel with the AC on, so with it off its economy.

Altair
25-01-2008, 10:57 AM
Ahh good stuff, is fuel economy affected when the heaters are on? i.e. the window blowers etc?

angus
25-01-2008, 11:36 AM
If you use anything electrical, you will increase the load on the alternator, so using more fuel ( you can`t get owt for nowt). Whether its a measureable amount is another matter though......(air-con being a notable exception)

I think they did a study somewhere that concluded that driving with your headlights on all the time can make 3% difference to your economy (and make you look like a Volvo driver:biglaugh:)

MalcQV
26-01-2008, 11:22 PM
Often thought about this. Is driving with the air con on better or worse than the drag caused by opening side windows?