PDA

View Full Version : Audi A6 Sat Nav Disc

yesheadjon
24-01-2008, 07:59 AM
Hi,

I hope someone can help me here as I am new. I have just bought a UK A6 2.4SE with Sat Nav and it has a 2004 DVD disc in it. I bought a genuine 2006 disc off ebay for it. The new disc says "RNS-E" on it and the 2004 one doesn't. When I put the disc in it is not recognised. Unlike a lot of pictures of the Sat Nav on teh web mine has the screen in the dash, the controls around the gear stick and the Sat Nav itsself in teh boot (most pictures show the controls in the dash).

Is there a problem with the disc or is RNS-E not compatiable with my model?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Jon

a6rob
24-01-2008, 09:05 PM
Hi,

I hope someone can help me here as I am new. I have just bought a UK A6 2.4SE with Sat Nav and it has a 2004 DVD disc in it. I bought a genuine 2006 disc off ebay for it. The new disc says "RNS-E" on it and the 2004 one doesn't. When I put the disc in it is not recognised. Unlike a lot of pictures of the Sat Nav on teh web mine has the screen in the dash, the controls around the gear stick and the Sat Nav itsself in teh boot (most pictures show the controls in the dash).

Is there a problem with the disc or is RNS-E not compatiable with my model?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Jon
Hey ,I think the sat nav you have is the CD based one which is RNS-C if its in the boot.If it is the RNS-C they only use CDs.

yesheadjon
24-01-2008, 09:50 PM
Hey ,I think the sat nav you have is the CD based one which is RNS-C if its in the boot.If it is the RNS-C they only use CDs.

Thanks fo rthe reply but it is definitely DVD based. The updated DVD that I have looks 99% like the original 2004 version. One of the only differences is that rather than being "Audi Navigation" it is "Audi Navigation plus (RNS-E).

Jon