PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone help - remote central not working

flynnejammin
23-01-2008, 11:11 PM
Hi all

If anyone has any ideas then be much appeciated. I recently fit my new stereo to my 99 A3 and now when i try to use the remote central locking nothing happens. I have to use the key and obviously this only opens the drivers side door. When i turn on the ignition then the other doors open. I am a little worried as i live in an area where car crime is a little rife and wondering if my alarm system is also not working as i can't put the central locking on.

Any help would make you king

Flynnejammin:biglaugh:

CARPY25
23-01-2008, 11:18 PM
to re-code the key remote unlock the car with the key then press the unlock button on the fob that should re-code it if i remember rigthly if it don't work let me know and i'll check my car hand book as its in there

Rob

flynnejammin
23-01-2008, 11:34 PM
cheers carpy

will try it tomorrow when get a chance. hoping not gunna have to have it re-coded.

Cheers dude

paul b
24-01-2008, 12:23 AM
to re-code the key remote unlock the car with the key then press the unlock button on the fob that should re-code it if i remember rigthly if it don't work let me know and i'll check my car hand book as its in there

Rob
You mean re-synchronising rather than re-coding?

ini
24-01-2008, 04:02 PM
Is the stereo you fitted non-standard?

On many models, there is a wire in the stereo harness that is part of the anti-theft system, which needs to be earthed on the back of the stereo.

CARPY25
24-01-2008, 07:12 PM
You mean re-synchronising rather than re-coding?

yep thats the word i was looking for :o

Rob

paul b
24-01-2008, 11:55 PM
yep thats the word i was looking for :o

Rob
Only reason I asked is because I bought some software which was advertised as "Audi remote central locking CODING software" and when it arrived all it was was an MS Word document explaining how to RE-SYNCHRONISE the key by putting it in the ignition and then pressing lock.
There are some cowboys out there eh.
Paul

flynnejammin
25-01-2008, 08:42 PM
Hi all

Tried to do the key in lock thing and turn and then press and hold the unlock and lock pad. Nothing seems to have happened, gunna go out back after dins and try it in the ignition. However, gettin the feeling nothing is going to work so prob end up going to audi - unless any other ideas. Checking the cables at the back of the stereo i won't be able to do - when it comes to electrics i'm about as much use as a chocolate fireguard, as i'm a little colour blind. DOH!!!

:1zhelp: PLEEEEEEEAAAAASSSSSEEEEE!!!!

Flynnejammin