PDA

View Full Version : interior cleaning

audi-nutz
23-01-2008, 09:08 PM
hi,can anyone tell me whats best for cleaning the car upholstery?
ive got black interior and anything seems to stain it.tried different stain removals(the ones from halfords)and they half go and half look worse because they leave a dried in water stain which looks a mess.

any ideas:confused: cheers.

paul b
24-01-2008, 12:43 AM
Never had to do this to my A6 but, I had to do this to my old Vauxhall Vectra. I took the seats out and used Vanish on them, let it soak in and then jet-washed them down. Obviously they were totally soaked so I had to leave them inside for about a week for them to dry. Luckily I was going on my hols so I didn't need the car! The only problem is you will most likely get the airbag warning light illuminate afterwards but if you have VAGCOM, you can turn them off. Whatever you decide to do, don't turn the ignition on with the seats out or you WILL end up with the airbag lights on.
Paul

John140
24-01-2008, 01:47 PM
I find that 2001 carpet cleaning foam works very well. Just spray on the foam, massage in with a damp piece of towel, leave to dry and vacuum off.

audi-nutz
31-01-2008, 03:01 PM
:beerchug: for your suggestion but i don't have that sort of time to take seats out and wash,mind you gives me a good reason to go on holiday then(could do with one):biglaugh: