PDA

View Full Version : Clunking sound!!

Boraboy
27-10-2006, 12:05 AM
Hi, Ive got an 03 plated Bora TDi Sport (150BHP) with 50k on the clock....I have noticed a small clunking sound coming from under the drivers seat. It is definately the seat and not any other part of the car. As I have no idea what mechanics / setup i under the seat does anyone know what may be causing this?

Its driving me mad!!!!!

Thanks for your help in advance.
Boraboy

adamss24
27-10-2006, 05:32 PM
Step out of the car and try to rock the seat back and forth and from side to side for free play. Usually the ball bearings in the seat sliders break or came loose and they make that noise especially if you are a bit overweight
(no ofence !) or do spirited driving. I dont think you will be able to get the seat subframe seperate from a dealer but you could try breakers yard for a used one and before fitting it ,grease the runners with white grease. Hope this helps ! The seats are not dificult to remove but you will need to obtain a good set of torx/allen keys and a haynes workshop manual( could be from a older audi/vw golf as they are similar). Also what is your engine code ? Should be on the log book under the engine section. Thanks.