PDA

View Full Version : engine management light

audi-nutz
23-01-2008, 01:01 PM
hi,

engine management light has come back on again,so took it to get checked on diagnostics machine,they told me what ive heard before"rich feul mix" but this time left rear bank?they also said it comes on when car idle which is what does happen,so when i ask can they fix problem they tell me there not sure what to fix!!could be lots of things.i also reported a knocking coming from engine,mechanic had look and said might be problem with injectors but wasn't totally convinced.

:zx11:so the best thing to do is take it to your local dealer:aargh4:he said!
i might have no choice or can anyone :1zhelp:.?

jonbaker
23-01-2008, 01:26 PM
so the best thing to do is take it to your local dealer:aargh4:he said!
i might have no choice or can anyone :1zhelp:.?

That's the very last thing i would do unless you have ££££ on the hip! £120 to look at it, then £120 per hour labour, plus parts! It's my pet moan on here.

Can't you find another reliable garage to take a look?

My engine management was on for about 9 months! only when i got the clutch changed and got some bits cleaned up did it go off and stay off. Saying that, the car was performing fine no knocking noises.

audi-nutz
23-01-2008, 08:55 PM
have been to a couple of garages locally between £25-30 to put on diagnostics machine,not to bad if you get the problem sorted but they just seem to clear fault and say come back if it comes on again.

i've only had the car since october last year so the last thing i need is to be paying some expert loads of £££ to tell me something i already know and bleed me dry with stupid prices for parts and labour!

:aargh4::aargh4::aargh4::aargh4: