PDA

View Full Version : Clunky front suspension

Kiwivin
23-01-2008, 11:28 AM
1998 A4 Avant, TDi is anyone else's suspension clunky and hard?

Its running 17" Audi rims, has a plain black mesh grille with a badge on saying Kamei (in lieu of the standard slatted with chrome surround) are these standard or could it be a special edition with lowered / hard suspension?

Alternatively has someone just 'Kevved' it up slightly

Cheers

Kiwivin
25-01-2008, 11:25 AM
So i now know why the suspension clunks. Theres play in the N/S/F lower suspension arm. This is the rear of the two (closest to bulkhead).

1. How easy are these to replace?
2. Do i need any special tools?
3. Wheres the best place to get a replacement one from (some on ebay for £30 +P&P?
4. Can i get away with just replacing that arm or i do i need to do them in pairs / sets?

Cheers

mardecconor
06-02-2008, 02:28 PM
So i now know why the suspension clunks. Theres play in the N/S/F lower suspension arm. This is the rear of the two (closest to bulkhead).

1. How easy are these to replace?
2. Do i need any special tools?
3. Wheres the best place to get a replacement one from (some on ebay for £30 +P&P?
4. Can i get away with just replacing that arm or i do i need to do them in pairs / sets?

Cheers

Hi
Replaced the very same part on my 96 1.8 SE for the MOT over the Christmas break,
obtained the part from GSF for about £25, took approx 2 hrs including coffee breaks etc

Cheers