PDA

View Full Version : TT handling and general info

Shandyhaggis
22-01-2008, 11:45 AM
Hi

Ive had lots of audis in the past and I've wanted a TT for a while but whats put me off (and I hope you can help here) is that I understand that underneath its the same as an S3? Ive had an S3 a few years ago and although at low speed it was great at high speed it was a bit twitchy and the steering lacked a bit of feel. Is the TT the same? If so are there any ways to remedy this? Dont get me wrong I'm not saying the S3 or TT isnt a great car, it is, just personally I like a car that handles flat and you can feel a bit more of the road.

If I remember correctly the S3 brakes were excellent and 225 bhp was fine and its easy enough to remap to 250 or so for a bit more poke.

Any help would be appreciated:-) I could look at a markII but call me a bit old fashioned I like the look of the original.

Thanks in advance

Andrew

PendlePerforman
08-02-2008, 02:36 PM
Hi

Ive had lots of audis in the past and I've wanted a TT for a while but whats put me off (and I hope you can help here) is that I understand that underneath its the same as an S3? Ive had an S3 a few years ago and although at low speed it was great at high speed it was a bit twitchy and the steering lacked a bit of feel. Is the TT the same? If so are there any ways to remedy this? Dont get me wrong I'm not saying the S3 or TT isnt a great car, it is, just personally I like a car that handles flat and you can feel a bit more of the road.

If I remember correctly the S3 brakes were excellent and 225 bhp was fine and its easy enough to remap to 250 or so for a bit more poke.

Any help would be appreciated:-) I could look at a markII but call me a bit old fashioned I like the look of the original.

Thanks in advance

Andrew

Best mod I have seen on the TT for the steering is to bush the lower wishbones with stiffer bushes. A company www.modshack.info can supply bushes 'DEFCON' you have an option of how stiff you require these.

Also changing the anti-roll-bars... 21mm Rear and 25mm front makes the TT much more responsive and gets rid of the understeer.

Regards
Martin