PDA

View Full Version : A4 Deadlock Can Any One Help

pluger
21-01-2008, 09:06 PM
hI.
Just GOT AN A4 Audi. The battery came out of the keys and the car wud not open. i was told the car is deadlocked. But i thought the key it self wud open it up but to no avail. Can any one help me i was told that the car is ok and thats what happens. But i thought the key it self wud open the car..

Can any one help

kenney
21-01-2008, 10:06 PM
Hi What normally happens when one uses only the remote,is that the lock cylinders seize up,and you can not get the key in.But if you have put the battery in the key properly it should work.

murray26775
21-01-2008, 10:30 PM
hI.
Just GOT AN A4 Audi. The battery came out of the keys and the car wud not open. i was told the car is deadlocked. But i thought the key it self wud open it up but to no avail. Can any one help me i was told that the car is ok and thats what happens. But i thought the key it self wud open the car..

Can any one help
hi, im not sure about audi but i had a mondeo some time ago and the bat went flat on the remote key, so i took it out to buy a new one but because it had been out for fifteen mins or more i had to go back to ford to have the key reprogramed, (which i didnt do) they said it would cost me 60 quid plus vat, or there abouts. that was a a few years ago, and have no idea if you have to do the same with audi but its worth checking out. hope this helps.