PDA

View Full Version : Polo 6n 1.9tdi Engine Revs When Changing Gear

dugpal
21-01-2008, 08:19 PM
I have a Polo 1.9tdi 100 and ever since I got it I have had a fault with the engine revvin excessively when changing gear.

I have to point out when I got the car the cruise control didn't work and one day it started revvin excessively when changing gear and to start with I thought it was me holding the gas on a bit. I then tried the cruise control just for interest and it worked instantly!

I was glad the cruise was now working but now everytime I change gear the revs go up around 500 before they drop back down! I have to say it is more noticeable below 3000 revs and does it far more often below 3000. It will do it above 3000 but probably not as often. I will also say this is not a driving style fault as VW tried to tell me to start with until I showed them.

It doesn't do it if your not moving and rev the car, but if you let the car roll at even 5mph knock it out of gear (or hold the clutch in) and rev it, it keeps going up once uve let the gas off and then falls back down!

Ive had the car to VW and there is no faults on the system and they are telling me there is nothing wrong with it and they all do it! I know this is rubbish as I have driven a new diesel golf and it doesn't do this at all.

All I can think of is the cruise system is some how effecting the amount of fuel it is putting in the engine but I have had no joy finding out the exact problem!

Thanks