PDA

View Full Version : Windows going down by themselves

Flipside
21-01-2008, 05:18 PM
Hi

i am after some advice before i start to spend a fortune tracing a fault through my local garage

both rear windows of my 95 passat go down by themselves and stay down until i put them back up.

i thought at first it was the kids mucking about with them but it happened last night so i am having to disconnect the battery and lock the car manually.

another thing that is happenning is that the boot wont lock with the keyfob i have to lock it manually

any thoughts would be greatly apreciatted

Flip

Adhara
20-02-2008, 06:08 PM
the drivers window on my 95 Passat used to do this, a replacement motor from e-bay fixed it. I think there is a sensor in the motor which is supposed to detect an obstruction , such as a childs head, when closing the window and reverse the motor to fully open. I guess this was just cutting in randomly, although it seemed to happen when switching something else on such as indicators, any way the replacement motor fixed it & it hasent happened for a few years now.

Kev@KSport
16-04-2008, 09:57 PM
Mine seems to slowly drop, but the motor "jumps" when I try and use it.

Havent stripped the door card to see if its fixable yet, or needs a trip to the scrappy for parts, I guess this isnt the same as you have?