PDA

View Full Version : Road Holding on Eco Tyres

engineermk
21-01-2008, 04:18 PM
I'm interested in the Bluemotion concept. I'm keen to hear comments from any one who has driven a Bluemotion model with "gusto".

What's the road holding like... As these cars have low rolling resitance tyres the roadholding & grip must be comprimised, or isn't it?

molgrips
18-03-2008, 10:00 AM
Eco tyres are lower rolling resistance because they contain scilica I think, which changes the deformation and rebound properties of the tyre so you get the same amount of grip for less rolling resistance... I don't know why all tyres aren't like this to be honest.

I'm told that the only ones that actually work are the Michelin Energy ones.

BlueBoy
25-03-2008, 04:28 PM
Picked up my Polo on Saturday....fantastic day to Christen it ! Even better weather on Sunday..not ! Had to go to work and was c*******g myself as I had concerns about the tyres too ! Needn't have worried it performed faultlessly ! Been out in it to today and pushed it a bit through some smaller roundabouts and must admit I am really impressed !! Still running it in so can't go too mad. The tyres seem to be perfectly adequate for the type of car. Really impressed by 3rd gear it pulls for ever..... even surprised a Volvo driver !

muscas
30-05-2008, 12:51 AM
I have had my Polo Bluemotion 2 now for 5 months.

MPG is just about 70 when driven on a M/Way for an hour in moderate traffic.

Tyres are fine.

Only gripe is the fact the car pulls to the left.

Patrick

starfighter
26-08-2008, 10:13 PM
No problems on my Golf, wet or dry. very quiet but they grip fine on corners and braking. The Continental tyres seam better that the Michelin Pilots I have on my Volvo.

Jeff