PDA

View Full Version : 2000 A8 4.2 Quattro Sport - Opinions/advice

StarterMan
21-01-2008, 01:02 PM
I've recently bought the above from a private seller. Everthing checks out fine i.e. paperwork and the usual things I've read above to check before purchase of this model/age. I've very happy with it so far - body work, mechanically & electrically all very good condition. FSH at Audi dealerships - 147K on the clock! I've read these are pretty bullet proof, but of course if anything does go wrong it could cost a lot. Also performed a HPI check on the vehicle and all came through without any problems. Last service was at 143K, with front pads and disks replaced.

I love this car already, but can anyone advise on things I should look out for on this?

Thanks in advance.

lonky
22-01-2008, 01:33 AM
If it's an Auto check when the oil was last changed, if unsure get it changed with the genuine fluid.

StarterMan
22-01-2008, 10:49 AM
Yep, it's an auto. Will get local Audi dealership to print off service history and ask them to check if this was done during last service. Cheers

lonky
22-01-2008, 09:40 PM
If you get a chance read the following

http://www.audipages.com/Tech_Articles/auto_transmission.html

you will find it interesting, particularly the bit on servicing the transmision

Correct oil is critical,
parts are available via www.JPAT.co.uk

SneakyMcC
25-01-2008, 07:49 AM
Yep, it's an auto. Will get local Audi dealership to print off service history and ask them to check if this was done during last service. Cheers

Until very recently Audi have advised the gearbox fluid is for life. The filters need changing at the same time. Audi Centres charges very widely. There is ATF for the gearbox and a another oil in the diff, I think? The seal in the rear diff fails too, I believe...:beerchug: