PDA

View Full Version : Seat Toledo power loss!!!! help.

googies
24-10-2006, 04:26 PM
i just Recently bought a 2nd hand Toledo, 57000 on clock, took it on first proper drive (34miles) this morn and stopped 3 times due to power loss, as if turbo not being used or not enough fuel? a nissan micra pulled away from me up a hill!!!i know, it's bad!!:zx11: looking through many forums and commments seems the most common is the MAF. my prob sorts self out when car switched off and started again it is fine, plenty of power, but after approx 15/20mins it dies off again!:confused: ony have it a day.

P.S. it is a 2001 Toledo, 1.9 TDi (90bhp).

any help at all will be gratefull!

Golfer7
24-10-2006, 06:35 PM
Usually if it is a mass air flow unit problem the symptoms are sluggish and lack of power, more noticeable at motorway speeds... But all the time.
Could be Turbo boost solenoid?? But tdi engines do suffer with turbo problems also... This sounds like a turbo fault from your description.
Hope this helps, good luck Golfer7
Let us know how you get on

googies
24-10-2006, 10:08 PM
thanks. Was talking to a couple of mechanics and was told to start car, unplug MAF and if car was still not giving power with it disconected then it the MAF. drove car this evenin until it gave the lack of power, my father took it for a drive to and he couldnt believe the difference!! previous owner said would pay half of repair of prob, hope not turbo cos that still gonna be expensive!! The switching car off and on again is resetting something and normal conditions return? no black, white or blue smoke when power loss occurs/ing? would i be best taking to a Seat dealer for a diagnostic check?

When it happens it like driving an old diesel performnace wise that is, you gotta coax power out of it!! does the turbo solenoid necessitate new turbo, are they one piece or seperate?

deano
12-11-2006, 10:30 PM
thanks. Was talking to a couple of mechanics and was told to start car, unplug MAF and if car was still not giving power with it disconected then it the MAF. drove car this evenin until it gave the lack of power, my father took it for a drive to and he couldnt believe the difference!! previous owner said would pay half of repair of prob, hope not turbo cos that still gonna be expensive!! The switching car off and on again is resetting something and normal conditions return? no black, white or blue smoke when power loss occurs/ing? would i be best taking to a Seat dealer for a diagnostic check?

When it happens it like driving an old diesel performnace wise that is, you gotta coax power out of it!! does the turbo solenoid necessitate new turbo, are they one piece or seperate?

Have same prob as this has any one found the cause? (new air mass meter didnt make any difference)

googies
13-11-2006, 11:17 AM
since gotten shot of that car, due to other problem, it was a class d insurance loss at one stage in its life, didnt want that liability!! now have an '05 toledo, with 7.5k on it for £8k!!! got old toledo on computer at seat and they wanted it in to strip the turbo and check if the wastegates were operating properly! hope this helps, personally still think it electrical and not the mechanics of the wastegates!! had info from another forum on that it could be the wastegate solenoid staying open.