PDA

View Full Version : Help!! where to feed amp wire from engine bay !!

readbmr
20-01-2008, 06:10 PM
Hi can anybody tell me where the best place to feed an Amp cable from the engine bay to inside the car? and aslo does anybody have any photos of the exact place to feed the cable through?

Hope to hear soon, oh its an Audi A4 2.6 V6 1995 Thankyou

paul20v
20-01-2008, 07:10 PM
hi
i fed mine from the battery with a fuse across and in to the ecu box were you will find a gromet you can use this will drop it straight into the drivers foot well if you remove the bottom half of the dash and clip it tidy to the rest of the loom sorry no pics as the car is gone but its not hard

:beerchug:

readbmr
20-01-2008, 07:13 PM
Hi and many thanks for your help, i will have a look tommorrow in the daylight and let you no how i get on, many thanks for your help.

Brian

paul20v
20-01-2008, 07:38 PM
no problem any time

audimad
20-01-2008, 10:55 PM
Yup ECU box is nice and easy, i have 0 wg running through mine no problem

readbmr
20-01-2008, 11:42 PM
Hi, and thanks for that, so where exactly is the ecu box and within the car at the footwell do i have to remove the carpet to get at the cable once its through the ecu box? thanks from brian and does anybody have a pic of the ecu box with the grommet?

Eclipse car Audio
22-01-2008, 10:24 AM
Hi Mate

As you look at the engine bay from the froint of the car you will see a black box at the bottom of the windscreen drivers side you need to remove the wiper and plastic cover, you should then see 6 (I think) bolts that hold down the cover remove them and then you should see a metal bracket holding in the ECU remove this and move the ECU to one side you should now see a big hole where the wiring runs through, if you now remove the lower part of the dash you should see where the hole comes out there is no need to remove any carpet just tie your wire up neatly and away you go.

readbmr
22-01-2008, 05:53 PM
Hi and thankyou for your help, also was wondering is there anybody in the dorset area who would like to do the job if i payed you, all i need is the sub wiring kit and then fitted etc, hope im allowed to ask that and apologies if im not allowed, i would now do my self but im limited for time,

Please p/m me if anybody fancys doing this for me, i can either buy the wiring kit before or maybe you can supply me cheaper than my local audio shop.

Hope to hear soon from somebody

Regards from brian

paul20v
22-01-2008, 07:49 PM
Hi Mate

As you look at the engine bay from the froint of the car you will see a black box at the bottom of the windscreen drivers side you need to remove the wiper and plastic cover, you should then see 6 (I think) bolts that hold down the cover remove them and then you should see a metal bracket holding in the ECU remove this and move the ECU to one side you should now see a big hole where the wiring runs through, if you now remove the lower part of the dash you should see where the hole comes out there is no need to remove any carpet just tie your wire up neatly and away you go.

hi you can get the screws with a small 1/4 drive ratchet and small socket to remove the box cover if you dont have that the right size spanner will do ive done loads no need to remove the wipers and covers

readbmr
22-01-2008, 07:56 PM
Hi Paul, and thankyou, so is it as esy as you say, ie just remove the box cover and the hole should be there for me to feed the cable through to the car, and do i have to remove anything within the car on the passenger side to gain access to the cable so i can pull it through? if thats the case i should be able to do myself,
Hope to hear soon and thankyou

From Brian p-s think i do have the correct rachet etc...

paul20v
22-01-2008, 08:27 PM
hi
i pulled the sill panels off to so i could run the cable under the carpet were the original loom runs ,they are held in with clip into the sill they pull straight up they also clip into the b pillar and seperate there you will see the join ,i took the seat base out too and the rear seat fobs (the side bits)to run up the wire tidy into the boot , the seat base comes off with 2 screws on the upward bit of the rear footwell and lifts out and the side fobs are held in with a big metal folded over clip arrangement at the bottom and they clip out ,
shame your not local to me i would strip it down for you its no problem at all
happy hunting and good luck

readbmr
22-01-2008, 08:53 PM
Hi Paul and thankyou, seems a bit clearer now as you have explained realy well, where abouts are you anyway? and thanks again from brian.

paul20v
22-01-2008, 08:59 PM
hi
no probs any more help give us a shout
oh yeah s.w.wales
cheers