PDA

View Full Version : Vento Specs?

BugsyMalone666
20-01-2008, 01:11 AM
I know with the mk3 golf range there are millions of combinations

are there that many available with the vento or is it the same?

are there any ventos with sporty interiors from the factory? same as the mk3 golf?

been looking at a TDi (need better fuel economy for the weight of my foot) and wonder if there were many specs for the TDi?

are all mk3 bits straight swap over?

cheers :)

fil1973
11-01-2009, 08:45 PM
as far as i am aware the highest you can go with a vento tdi is a GL,

it has full electric pack, velour upholstery, rev counter, painted bumpers & mirrors, etc,

but basically identical to the golf mk3 variant.

if you are wanting a "sportier" interior, why not go for the mk3 golf gti,vr6
or if you can find one a "colour concept" with colour coded leather,

the only difference in the golf & vento trim is the golf rear seat has no arm rest, & the vento rear seats are "lockable" making the boot enclosure totally secure, & the golf do not, but still fit anyway,

hope this helps you,

BugsyMalone666
11-01-2009, 08:49 PM
blimey that was a year ago I thought about getting a Vento!

I think at the time I was watching one on ebay that was a reasonable price. I have a mk3 golf Driver which I have had for 3 years but as petrol prices were rising I was thinking of going diesel and spotted a vento at a cheapish price local. However I never bothered in the end and have kept my golf driver. I am now of the mind that if I really want a diesel that much I will just do an engine conversion on my driver!

fil1973
11-01-2009, 10:43 PM
honestly dont blame you mate,

if you like your golf just stick with that & do a diesel conversion,

& run it on "cooking oil" (loads of miles per litre)

"crisp & dry" is the way forward, lol

ventojetta
10-02-2009, 11:27 AM
Ya i'm interested in knowing this bit too. What is the difference between the atlantic and cl specs?

fil1973
15-02-2009, 09:55 PM
the cl model is basically one of the lowest spec vento,s
having manual windows & mirrors, etc & lower quality interior specs too, they also come with steel wheels, & un painted mirrors & bumpers,

but if you go for a GL you get a full electric pack (all windows,mirrors,& sunroof)

they also have body coloured bumpers & mirrors,
& have much better interior trim with rear arm rest & front & rear head rests,
some of them also have "thermotronic" heating & air conditioning too,

in petrol of diesel form the vento is a good car just better the higher spec you buy, (the vr6 however is the best spec of all with full heated leather trim,
but with the 2.9 6 cylinder engine is a bit on the thirsty side)

but
for what i have been told all the us spec vento,s or should i say "jetta 3"
have much better equipment than european cars as standard,

but the steering wheel is on the left side of the car,

hairypothead87
17-05-2011, 04:52 PM
yeh iv got a cl proper bassic but i dont cair i just needed sumert cheap/dub/diffrent so it perfect for me its got an electric sunroof i dont like sunroofs thow