PDA

View Full Version : Polo driving me mad

NatPolo1997
23-10-2006, 08:53 AM
Hi there, can anyone help please?
I have a 1997 Polo 1L which is a great wee car. Only recently it has started to cough and splutter. i can drive a matter of 1/2 miles to the dual carriageway wit no problem but when i pull onto the dual carriageway it is as if it's choking and won't accelerate, coughing all the time, which isn't good on that road. If i take my foot off te accelerator sligtly it seems to go but any pressure and it starts again, i have changed my air filter and basically i know nothing about cars so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

dbscorps
22-05-2007, 07:51 PM
Hi,
have you tried, new spark plugs, how clean is you air filter, if you have a cracked plug can cores problems, even down to how clean the air fillter is,
have you had the car serviced or given it a mini service you self,
i had this in the pass with my ex girlfriends polo, i just gave her car a mini service and it was all fine after, i hope thats some help

Eshrules
23-05-2007, 08:19 AM
id agree with the above, when was the last time this car had a service? if it's due one, get it done ;) if you're still having troubles afterwards, let us know :beerchug:

NatPolo1997
24-05-2007, 10:43 PM
Hi there thanks for your replies. i have serviced the car, i do a lot of miles on it so service it myself every 6 months and once a year take it to garage for full service, it jsut doesn't seem to want to go and i'm worried it'll end me in trouble of somekind soon. it used to be so reliable, it did what it was asked but now i'm starting not to trust it and don't like the feeling one little bit!!

While i'm here can i jsut ask - has anyone had problems with whel bearings on Polo's? I have had the car 4 years and put 9 wheel bearings on the thing, is this common? I know i do a lot of miles but i think the car is taking the p*** somewhat - or am i just jinxed???

Hope to hear from you soon

Take care all

Nat

gamekeeper
26-05-2007, 09:38 PM
i have a 96 1l polo and that is wot happens if i go thru too much water so im wondering if its electrical. u mite want to get the distributor checked. and that the points are clean and in workin order. or it could be dodgy ht leads or plugs. but i reckon it is probs electrical. only other thing i can think of is the fuel filter and lines.

NatPolo1997
24-06-2007, 11:41 PM
Thanks for that i will see if it helps. Am thinking of just maybe getting rid of it sometime soon but need it until that is possible. Thanks i will let you know how thing go