PDA

View Full Version : New A6 & New Passat button brake.

frank
22-10-2006, 11:15 PM
Hello everyone, just something i have come to notice.
I have surfed the web reading reviews and owners reviews on the New Audi A6 and also the New Passat.
The strange things i have come to notice is that people who owns a passat
comment or complain about the button handbrake!?
I understand the A6 also have a similar system. But no one seem to have
any comments or complains about it!!?

Am i right i saying the A6 and the Passat have the same handbrake button
technology? or does the A6 have a better one than the passat?

Frank:confused:

A6 Le Mans
06-11-2006, 12:07 AM
Not really sure about that, but I have used both.

Must admit, didn't warm to it too much at first, but soon adjusted to it and got to like it in a short space of time.

I think the A6 version uses an electric pump to hydraulically activate the hand brake, not sure how the Passat system works though

Regards

Mike

frank
06-11-2006, 12:38 AM
hello A6 le mans,
does your A6 makes a Noise when you put the handbrakes on?

A6 Le Mans
06-11-2006, 09:21 PM
Can't answer that yet as I won't take delivery of it for another 4 weeks.

My experience is based on the cars I test drove for a couple of days and the sister in laws passat.

I don't recall any noise though from either, only the activation light coming on or going off as appropriate.

Soory, not much help I know.

Regards

Mike

Mark Carter
17-11-2006, 11:02 AM
I have an A6 and I like the button, although a few times it has simply refused to release, and you have to switch the ignition on and off to get it to release - very embarassing.

Bloobat
11-12-2006, 11:15 PM
My A6 button works well although took a bit of time to get used to it. I believe that it wont release automatically unless the driver has seat belt on and clutch needs to be depressed fully to the floor. The only few times mine has not released is when on the flat however it can be released at any time by pressing the brake pedal.

PAH
12-12-2006, 10:41 AM
I love it (A6 3.0 TDI 2006)! It does make a noise when your apply or release it, although you can't hear it from inside the car, only from the outside.

The brake can be released at any time when the footbrake is pressed, and also you can release it by driving away from a standstill as long as you have moved the car at least once since starting the engine.

By the way, my car has the automatic gearbox.

PhilR
17-12-2006, 09:56 AM
My A6 is a manual and in the 21 months I've had it, it has failed once which resulted in a call to Audi Assist. They fixed the problem and no issues since. I really like the hand brake, but Southampton Audi told me that it works better with auto.

frank
23-12-2006, 10:35 PM
Thanks to all that reply.:biglaugh:

Next time you are in the car switch off radio and apply the button
handbrake and listen. Does it make a grinding noise?

I read from What Car? ,from a reader, that his A6 makes that sound
and he toook it back to the dealer who changed the calipur which solved
the problem. But also read from another site that the an owner s passat makes the grinding noise. But the dealer told him it was normal .!!?:confused:
Does anyone else has that?

PhilR
27-12-2006, 09:41 PM
Thanks to all that reply.:biglaugh:

Next time you are in the car switch off radio and apply the button
handbrake and listen. Does it make a grinding noise?

I read from What Car? ,from a reader, that his A6 makes that sound
and he toook it back to the dealer who changed the calipur which solved
the problem. But also read from another site that the an owner s passat makes the grinding noise. But the dealer told him it was normal .!!?:confused:
Does anyone else has that?

It's not a grinding noise that mine does, it's more like the hydrauylics as the brake is being applied. The Audi Assist guy (who was very helpful) said that it was normal. That made sense to me and I certainly don't see it as a problem