PDA

View Full Version : altea 57 reg test drive

golf tdi 02
18-01-2008, 06:31 PM
just to let you all know i have got this as a hire car while mine is being fixed
will give a good hard test drive and will feed back as soon as ;);):p

didnt think that i would post in this section at all ???

TezZbag
21-02-2008, 07:56 PM
Had a 1.9 TDI XL as a courtesy car for a day recently, thought it was quit a nice drive, not bad at all.

golf tdi 02
27-03-2008, 12:31 AM
ok the first hire car only lasted a few hundred miles 550 to be exact the concentric slace cylinder in the g-box blead to death all over the drive and wow can they drink the fuel this is a 57 reg with only 1100 miles on the clock will give a more in depth write up tomorrow but i know now why audis are audis and skods are what they are price and build quality differences :p:p

golf tdi 02
08-04-2008, 01:56 PM
sorry a bit late on this but me golf has now been repaired so the seat has now got to go.
at first glance stunning car.
in side it is very spacious not the build quality of the audi or the vw but robust.
i have got to admit at this point i hated the car at first but you can now guess i have fallen for this car in a big way.
not only can this car out brake a porche but it can and will go around corners faster than a porche boxer.
mpg has improved by far now running at 55mpg.
i will ad more to this thread tonight
rich....:beerchug::beerchug:

golf tdi 02
30-04-2008, 01:08 AM
as said at first i hated this car with a vengance but in time it grew it suited all the family needs me getting to and fro from work and 3 kids and the wife :confused:
the every day drive round trip of approx 30 miles drank the juice till well run in at around 5k thousand covered.
inside was a tardis very roomy 2 kids on booster seats and the bab in his permant baby seat in the rear.
i did not like the layout of the inside it was so vast a difference between my golf which i love dearly and proudly.
but once again i fell for it over time.
yes it did get a damm good thrashing to within a few hundred revs of its life it pulls well and you hardly find out the speed till you look at the clocks as said it corners like its on rails and brakes very well indeed.;);)
also just to add this car did not use a drop of oil in the four mths i had possesion of this car.
will recomed to many people good value for money but for me it has got to bet a year old just so i dont have to put that small little fortune in just to get 55mpg :p:p

twoco
24-05-2008, 08:24 PM
Question for you i'm waiting for a golf estate since march and now been told it will be Oct!!! so getting peed off what do you think compared to the golf? the one thing that bugs me about the altea is the big plastic lump in the middle of the dash with the radio in, just looks like they got bored?

golf tdi 02
19-06-2008, 11:27 AM
no as said hated it at first but by the time it had to go back loved it.
deff build quality difference but i got over that just that it took 5k miles to get fuel consumption and to beat a corsa off the lights.
with the dosh leftover well up to you
:beerchug::beerchug: