PDA

View Full Version : TT Audible Bleeps

gaz160mph
17-01-2008, 10:53 PM
This is my first time on the forum. I've got a 2002 TT (225). Now and again when I jump into start her, as i start the engine and just about to pull away i get 3 warning tones coming from the rear stereo speakers. There is no warning display on the dash and the tones are different to the warning tones you would get from a problem with the engine. I have the standard Bose stereo. Any ideas???

PendlePerforman
08-02-2008, 02:10 PM
This is my first time on the forum. I've got a 2002 TT (225). Now and again when I jump into start her, as i start the engine and just about to pull away i get 3 warning tones coming from the rear stereo speakers. There is no warning display on the dash and the tones are different to the warning tones you would get from a problem with the engine. I have the standard Bose stereo. Any ideas???

Its the alarm unit located behind the N/S Read light unit that is beeping, reason for this is because they have a rechargeable battery pack that goes faulty.

You have two options..
First:
Replace the Alarm unit (About £80-£90)

Second:
Strip the Alarm unit down and replace the rechargeable battery (These units are not designed to come apart but it can be done)

I have the instructions somewhere on how to replace the battery if you want it PM me.

Regards
Martin

gaz160mph
08-02-2008, 08:52 PM
Thanks for that mate. I've not heard it for a while come to think of it but will keep it in mind if it starts again. Tks again