PDA

View Full Version : A4 TDI 130 intermittent power loss

chris.b
21-10-2006, 12:36 PM
Can anyone help?
I have an A4 TDI 130 , done 78k miles on a 51 plate. Two days ago it lost power on my way home. Yesterday I tried it and it was fine for a short time, but then suddenly lost power. I have been told that it is the turbo charger pressure control unit which is at fault. ( This comes from a friend who has a snap on code reader, who found the fault no. 1557) Having checked under the bonnet I can see two possible control units mounted close together just under the O.S headlamp unit.
Just wondered whether anyone could tell me, am I in the right area an d if so which one of these is likely to be the problem?

mark little
21-10-2006, 06:37 PM
Hi chris i am a new member, i have a simaliar prob with my 150 desiel golf it has done 71k i can hammer it in first and second and it goes fast ,when i back off and go straight into forth the turbo does not work for a few seconds ,but ten minutes later it could totally fine,weird! if you find the prop and sort it please post it on the forum

chrispyg
30-11-2006, 10:15 PM
Can anyone help?
I have an A4 TDI 130 , done 78k miles on a 51 plate. Two days ago it lost power on my way home. Yesterday I tried it and it was fine for a short time, but then suddenly lost power. I have been told that it is the turbo charger pressure control unit which is at fault. ( This comes from a friend who has a snap on code reader, who found the fault no. 1557) Having checked under the bonnet I can see two possible control units mounted close together just under the O.S headlamp unit.
Just wondered whether anyone could tell me, am I in the right area an d if so which one of these is likely to be the problem?

nine times out of ten you are more litley to have a problem with your mass air flow meter regards chris