PDA

View Full Version : Egr Valve

RIKTDI
17-01-2008, 08:15 PM
Hi
Does Any One Know If Running Without Egr Valve Is Ok Because I Have Disconnected Mine And Put A Screw In The Tube And It Seems To Run Perfect Now.i Have Also Cleaned Out The Egr And Inlet Pipes And Manifold

jshodgson
27-01-2008, 05:30 PM
I have no experience myself but have read many articles saying that running without EGR is fine and most engines run better.

how long did it take to clean your intake manifold and pipes and did you replace the intake manifold gasket? Any problems when cleaning it?

RIKTDI
27-01-2008, 10:47 PM
Hi It Took About 3 Hours To Clean Out Manifold.it Only Took Half An Hour To Take Apart But It Takes Ages To Get Rid Of The Crap Inside.carb Cleaner Is A Big Help And Some Big Bottle Cleaners.the Gesket Was Fine.
Thanks Riktdi;)

Muddy19
30-01-2008, 01:33 AM
hi, am seriously considering this but dont know how to do it!

I am pretty handy with my car, but an alien to EGR and thier workings. it would be apprecited if you could point by point, illustrate what you did. (i also heard that this alteration is a plus for the engine as the exhaust gases dont go back into engine)

many thanks in advance

RIKTDI
02-02-2008, 11:13 AM
Step 1. Remove Engine Cover
Step 2. Remove Metal Pipe Which Goes From Egr Valve To Manifold And Clean Out With Pipe Cleaner ( 2 Bolts Top And Bottom. Also Dont Lose Gaskets Top And Bottom)
Step 3. Unbolt Egr Valve ( 3 Bolts 2 At Top And One Underneath )
Step 4. Remove Rubber Pipe And Inlet Tubing Of Egr Valve (also Remove Rubber Sealing Ring Of Ov Egr Valve)
Step 5. Clean Out Egr Valve With Carb Cleaner And Toothbrush
Step 6. Remove Manifold (try Not To Damage Tin Gasket)
Step 7. Clean Out Manifold With Carb Cleaner,loads Of Washing Up Liquid And Big Bottle Brush (this Will Take Most Time And Its Very Messy)
Step 8. Bolt Manifold Back On ( Be Sure Gasket Is In Correctly Befor Tightning Bolts)
Step 9. Bolt Egr Valve Back On Remembering To Put Rubber Sealing Ring Back In
Step 10. Bolt On Pipe Inbetween Egr Valve And Manifold Using Gaskets Top And Bottom
Step 11. Reconnect Inlet Tubing
Step 12. Put A Big Screw That Fits In Tightely In To The Rubber Pipe Which Normaly Goes On Top Of Egr Valve
STEP 13. REPLACE ENGINE COVER
"jobs A Good N"

You Will Properbly Hear Turbo More When Reving Up Engine (nice!!!)