PDA

View Full Version : golf mk4 tdi problems

pedromd
20-10-2006, 08:58 PM
Hi
Just new to this site and trying to find out if anyone knows anything on loss of power mk 4 golf tdi, had it in garage and came up with fault code 0575 air intake or something like that,no power what so ever as if the turbo's not working.Had new turbo fitted a couple of years ago and been working fine till two months ago. Also problem with central door locking and electric windows not working.Anyone with any advice would be helpfull.

kelpy
22-10-2006, 12:16 PM
You can try disconnecting the Mass air flow meter which is screwed into the air filter housing just unplug it then drive it whilst unplugged if it drives better then replace the meter and for your central locking prob check fuse 14 in the dashboard fuse box it should be 10amp chances are your interior lights has blown the fuse:D

pedromd
22-10-2006, 09:13 PM
Hi
Thanks for reply. Yes i thought it was air flow meter and replaced it but still got same problem. As for central locking fuses are fine so must be something else as the windows dont work either.

kelpy
23-10-2006, 11:16 PM
Sounds like a MAP sensor prob then you can try checking all the vacc pipes to the boost solenoids it can go into limp home if there isnt enough vacuum and as for the windows all locking/ windows etc run from the drivers front window control unit in the drivers door make sure there is power there you can recreate this fault by disconnecting it so if you have power and a decent earth(make sure you check that you dont get a small power feed to the door body) then replace the control unit

kelpy
23-10-2006, 11:21 PM
soz must add if you have +ive feed on the door body then ceck all earth points for corrosion some are behind the bonnet pull but check every one you can find as i cant remember which one it is i am sure it it the one i mentioned but i am working on 56 plate VWs at the mo i must be a bit sad eh!!!!

bluetwo
24-10-2006, 07:59 AM
if the turbo is not kicking in on a mk 4 tdi it may well be the MAF sensor connection. If the turbo is not comming on at all or was intermitent then it is more likely to be a wiring failure than a MAF or turbo issue.

The wiring socket that can cause problems is on the bulkhead at the back of the engine bay (right middle back)when looking in from the front.

A main dealer will often just assume it is the MAF, and replace the whole sensor lot, which may solve the problem, or may not. Just wiggling the wires can make the connection again.

xboxerstu
05-02-2008, 05:32 PM
:( sounds like the start of my turbo problems, air flow meter...... nope.waste gate actuator.......nope. vaccuum pipes collapse/leaking.....nope. turbo vanes sticking and 3 months headache with garage ........... ping top answer!!!!!! out of time and warranty, pants pulled down and well and truly spanked..... thank you STOCKPORT CAR SUPERMARKET on the A6 near stepinghill hospital. i will never buy anything from you again or tell anyone else to do so !!!:zx11: anyone know off a good cheap turbo shop????!!

vwpd130
06-02-2008, 11:30 PM
the turbo can be removed and stripped, the VNT mechanism can be de-coked and all rebuilt

minimal cost of some good carb cleaner and penetrating fluid, some gaskets and a few hours labour

i did it to my old bora last year.......worked a treat ( i am a vw techie though)

http://pics.tdiclub.com/data/500/Drivbiwire_VNT_repair_procedure_small.pdf