PDA

View Full Version : Rain and light sensor pack

Snarler
17-01-2008, 03:24 PM
Hi, Does anyone know if the rain and light sensor pack can be retro fitted to the A4, as I have just bought an ex-demo A4 2.0t special edition and found out they are not fitted?

JohnH
17-01-2008, 10:54 PM
I doubt it, I ordered the pack because I wanted the auto-dimming mirror (like so many 'little' things this used to be standard fitment on the SE but isn't any more).

I got the auto-wipers (see separate post) and they're just an irritant. As for the auto-lights, they come on an awful lot and people keep telling me that I've left my lights on in car parks....

To list the visible changes (from observation):

Overhead console with the light/rain sensor
Power Supply
Auto-dimming Mirror
Main Light Switch
'see you home' light switch
Column stalk (well maybe)

Plus perhaps a control unit or two for the wipers and see you home lighting ?

In summary, you're not missing much (apart from the excellent auto-dimming mirror) imho.

However, I believe that you can get auto-dimming mirrors to retro-fit which are often OEM - try Google.

Zakaudi
29-06-2008, 01:54 PM
Hi!
Just read your post hope this helps.

Just like you i wanted an upgrade on my s line after alot of searching i found a company which does a professional audi upgrade auto lights, auto wipers and auto dimming mirror all inclusive will cost £525 price includes VAT.

BUT after reading JohnH valuable review (thanks John you saved me a bundle!) im asking myself is it really worth it? I mean £525 worth it?

I forgot to mention the front window screen also needs to be replaced at your cost!

Hope this helps, heres the website let me know how you get on

www.vwcruise.com (http://www.vwcruise.com)

Issac Hunt
29-06-2008, 02:13 PM
You dont have to replace the front screen, you can fit the rain/light sensor to the original screen. The newer screen simply has the clips bonded onto to it to locate the sensor but you can work around this.

I retro'd auto-dimming mirrors into mine, I reckon its awesome. Especailly during winter driving, to have all 3 mirros dimmed really does reduce glare and tiredness in your eyes on lond drives. (I do 600-800 miles per week) On a 25k car I reckon its got to be £500 well spent!

Zakaudi
29-06-2008, 02:22 PM
Did you do it yourself? if so where did you source the parts from?

Issac Hunt
29-06-2008, 09:12 PM
Yeah I only fitted the external dimming mirrors though, got the parts from my local Audi dealer.

Turbokiisseli
30-06-2008, 07:34 AM
Do you happen to have the part numbers for the auto dimming mirrors and sensors? I noticed VAG Parts sells the auto dimming rear view mirror for around 300EUR.

Issac Hunt
30-06-2008, 05:20 PM
Mirrors will be different part numbers depending wether your car is LHD or RHD. Email vagparts with exactly what you need, they are usually pretty good at sorting stuff out for you.

Turbokiisseli
01-07-2008, 05:43 AM
Alright, I'll do that. Thanks!