PDA

View Full Version : golf jerks in low rpm

shorty
16-01-2008, 04:53 PM
Hi all im a newbi to this so here goes,my beloved golf has started jerking. when i drive in 3rd ,4th,5th gear car seems fine but when i slow down to 2nd gear car stutters and jerks i have read a few posts on the common rivet problem in the gearbox could this be the problem my car is a 2001 tdi (90hp) maybe CRASHER could help me i need an expert you seem to have all the answers mate please can you help me cheers
SHORTY

OzzyDan
16-01-2008, 05:14 PM
have a look at cylinder 1 injector mate my bro in law had the same problem. cylinder 1's injector is inside the rocker cover and the rubber of the lead gives way to the hot oil and disintegrates after time making it miss fire at low rev's

worth a try ??

shorty
16-01-2008, 05:36 PM
thanks for the quick reply ozzydan iwill give it a bash tonight and post how it went, do you know if any special tools are needed ?
I have also noticed that when i start up engine first gear seems to be a bit stiff to select i hope its not the gearbox rivet problem,i will keep you posted cheers
SHORTY

OzzyDan
16-01-2008, 05:45 PM
i dont know about the tools mate his went to the garage to be fixed cost him about £120 big ones.

shorty
16-01-2008, 06:10 PM
£120 to fix it must be a few hours labour, not to worry i have a good selection of tools at home

Shorty

shorty
17-01-2008, 07:11 PM
Today my oil light came on so would this indicate that maybe it is the problem ozzydan warned me of the faulty injector oil pipe feed under the rocker cover maybe crasher you can point me in the right direction please i wont be able to have a look at my car untill saturday

Shorty

OzzyDan
17-01-2008, 10:57 PM
sounds like your problem buddy

shorty
20-01-2008, 05:09 AM
Tonight i had the EGR valve out of car to clean as i read in another thread it could be the problem so i got the EGR off and cleaned all the oily gunk (a lot of) thought i had sorted it because of the amount of gunk i cleaned,but no the problem is still there, low rev judder between 1800 revs to 2000rev 2nd gear usally but when i put my foot down it oes away, any suggestions, would like to know more aboutwhat ozzydan sudjested injector 1im a bit nervous about taken the rocker cover off

Shorty

shorty
31-01-2008, 12:14 AM
have a look at cylinder 1 injector mate my bro in law had the same problem. cylinder 1's injector is inside the rocker cover and the rubber of the lead gives way to the hot oil and disintegrates after time making it miss fire at low rev's

worth a try ??

Hi' anyone had a go taken off rocker cover like ozzydan explains,the low rpm judder is getting worse its really starting to annoy me now and embarassing in slow moving traffic can anyone advise. cheers

Shorty

crazycalum
05-02-2008, 01:54 AM
i've that trouble with mine n has only happened since i changed the throttle body. my gearbox went when i first bought it, n got the "fix" to solve the pin problem

crazycalum
02-02-2009, 01:58 AM
nt bin about for ages i'm sorry but still no closer to gettin to the route of this, mines now doing it in every gear, plus its redlining at 5200 instead of past 6, only when in gear tho, if in neutral the engine still revs to 6, it cud b tht many diff things i dnt knw where to start. idling up n down AGAIN as well.

list of probs being:

idling up n down
redline at 5200 when in gear bt nt in neutral
when driving acceleration stops when foot dwn n then shoots off wit all power in one go n then slows again
stiff to go into 1st gear
any ideas??? its past being embarrassing and shouting at the dashboard doesnt work lol