PDA

View Full Version : Golf SE - bass tube needed

jrb1512
19-10-2006, 06:40 PM
I've got a golf se 1.9 tdi i was thinking of getting a bass tube do you know any that i can remove later on and not leave signs of being there? Do any connect to the standard cd player fitted?

Sorry for all the questions i only picked her up the other day.

adamss24
20-10-2006, 10:07 AM
Hi, the infinity bass link sounds particularry well and its quite easy to wire wia the high imput(from the car speakers for you and me !) and still leave somme room in the boot. All you need its to bring a fused 4 gauges power wire from the battery. If you want really deep bass go for a 12 inch sub(Vibe, JBL,audiobahn, etc.) and and amplifier combo but i sugest replacing the head unit as its easier to wire it to the amplifier. Halfords does a nice FUSION bass box and amplifier/wiring kit for 180 pounds. Pay about 100 quid for a decent head unit and you all set for about 300 pounds. And this set up really moves air plus will sound good with any music. Keep the stock speakers for now as they sound ok. Later, if you wanna upgrade, get some high quality front component speakers(pioneer, mb quart, diamond audio, jl audio, focal, etc.) and you will have a high quality system that will bring the envy on your friends faces and set car alarms ! If you wanna have a go at fitting them yourself get a Haynes manual for your car and have a free weekend. Tools: you will only need a set of good screwdrivers and some sockets spaners. And get some of your mates to give a hand on a weekend.

thefoolmccool
20-10-2006, 11:48 AM
Alpine do an underseat bass kit to put under the passanger and drivers seat supposed to be quite good. Check out eBay.

jrb1512
20-10-2006, 01:49 PM
great i'll look out i can't change the head unit while its under warranty its only a week old, are there any around that fit to standard systme