PDA

View Full Version : a4 b5 water leak help

chrissgoduk
16-01-2008, 02:06 PM
hi i have a 96 a4 i am having a water leak problem a couple of days ago i went to get in to my car only to find a pond in the drivers footwell, damn i thought i have checked the sunroof drains they are not blocked and sunroof is not leaking,
any clues
thanks chris

trenchfoot Audi
16-01-2008, 02:30 PM
Hi Chris,

It sounds like you have the same problem as me. That's why I came looking for this site.

Check this thread regarding previous discussion and the advice I've received.

http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?p=115791&posted=1#post115791

Basically I've been told that there is a drain under the battery that can become blocked and causes water to overflow into the interior.

I'm going to try to sort mine out tonight.

I'll report back when I'm done.

Dan

chrissgoduk
16-01-2008, 03:14 PM
excellent thanks dude thought it might be somewhere there will have fun with that tonight bloody strut brace will have to come off only two bolts but a night mare to fit
cheers dan

trenchfoot Audi
16-01-2008, 08:46 PM
Hi Chris,

Managed to get mine done.

I have a bit more info that might also apply to your car. I actually found that there are TWO drains in mine. The one below the battery and another one just below the brake servo which actually looks to be at a lower level than the first one.

Both were blocked and are now cleared. :D

incadave
26-01-2008, 10:37 PM
Hi
Didn't have my radio code so couldn't remove my battery so it was out with the Black & Decker to make a new hole and a very common problem.;)