PDA

View Full Version : A4 B5 Tdi Turbo Seems To Cut Out Under Load

RIKTDI
16-01-2008, 11:54 AM
Hi I wonder if there is anyone in here that can help me please!!!!!!!
I have a beutifull electric blue a4 tdi which runs spot on apart from when i put my foot down either going up hill or on motorway at about 3000 rpm the turbo seems to just shut down and i lose power but if i turn the engine off and turn it back on again it is fine.I have changed the air flow meter,the coolant temp sensor and i have cleaned out the egr valve and inlet manifold.I have seen lots of people with the same problem in audi forums but no answers.

Thanks RIKTDI:confused:

VanWheeler
16-01-2008, 11:58 AM
Check all your pipes, sounds like you are loosing boost from somewhere.

RIKTDI
16-01-2008, 12:20 PM
I Will Check Them.
Thanks For Your Help

RIKTDI
16-01-2008, 12:48 PM
CHECKED PIPES THEY SEEM FINE.JUST IN CASE WHICH ONES DO YOU MEAN.

AutoTDI
16-01-2008, 07:50 PM
This is a similar problem to one I have been experiencing. I have put it down to an intermittant fault with my MAP sensor. I suggest you check with VAG-COM, or similar diagnostic software for a MAP sensor fault. Check out this thread: http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=18322

Can someone offer an explanation for the purpose of the MAP sensor measurement? I can understand that, together with air temperature, this could provide a measure of the mass of air entering the engine and hence decide the fuel injection quantity and therefore the available power output. So isn't this also done by the MAF sensor?