PDA

View Full Version : Multi Function Steering Wheel

WOB
16-01-2008, 07:16 AM
Hi guys. Need some advise. I have read in various posts and other forums that it is possible to change the regular steering wheel to multi function steering wheel on Golfs and Passats.

I recently acquired an EOS here in Malaysia. It has the 2.0 TFSI with DSG but unfortunately they did not include the MFSW. I'd like to add on the MFSW with the gear shifters. I understand that I will have to get the steering wheel, airbag and control module and then later recode at the dealers workshop.

The issue now is the dealers are not aware if this is possible and neither do they know the part numbers to order the stuff. I hope someone here can help me out. Having a DSG without paddle shifters is just unnatural.. :Blush:

Teflon
16-01-2008, 04:00 PM
You should be able to get away without a new airbag, providing you get the correct EOS wheel and don't go for GTI or R32.

This forum has lots of information on fitting just the stereo buttons, but you should also find some information about the controller box in the steering wheel. I hope it helps. http://uk-mkivs.net/forums/thread/389858.aspx

The EOS electrical system is pretty much the same as the Golf, so the info should be applicable.

Ben
16-01-2008, 06:48 PM
Yes, i agree with you Teflon, so long as the wheel has the paddles then it should be exactly as the Guide i linked to in the How to thread would suggest.

http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=21274

I added the link you found teflon;)

i also asked when i was down the dealers if they could cost up a retro fit and i was told that they don't do that job.

WOB
17-01-2008, 03:28 AM
Wow. Thanks guys. Mine came with MFSW without paddles. Hopefully the upgrade would be simpler. Thans again.

Teflon
17-01-2008, 01:41 PM
Wow. Thanks guys. Mine came with MFSW without paddles. Hopefully the upgrade would be simpler. Thans again.

Does that mean you have the radio buttons but not the paddles? If so and you end up with a new steering wheel, do you fancy selling the buttons from the old wheel or even the old wheel itself?

I've got DSG paddles but no radio buttons on a Golf, so I'd like to upgrade.