PDA

View Full Version : Audi A6 Cassette player

andrew steele
18-10-2006, 11:04 PM
Hello!

Ive got a 1999 A6 auto 1.8 SE with a cassette player. Is there a way I can attach a cd player/changer or change the actual unit to a cd one? One other question (no hand book) Ive got a button on the my driver side door frame, whici I dont know what it does. The button has picute of a car on it with infra red rays coming down from ceiling. Presuming it something to do with the alam but no idea what!

Thanks,

Andrew

adamss24
18-10-2006, 11:19 PM
That would be the ultrasonic switch for the alarm. If you press it it would disable the ultrasonics, handi if you leave kids or dogs inside the car or keep the windows or sunroof open during hot wheather as the wind may set the alarm of. As for the radio, you could also get a factory CD changer(check if there is a cd changer lead fitted in the boot ), or you will have to retrofit that also. Its easier to get a din size CD player all you need the adaptors easy to get of ebay for a fiver. If you have a double din radio you will need a single din adapter; for bose amplified speaker system you will need a AUTOLEADS interface thats about 40 pounds of ebay. You can get all these adaptors off ebay or from your local Halfords store.