PDA

View Full Version : Remote Key Lost Audi a4 1.8 se 1997 !!

readbmr
15-01-2008, 09:33 PM
Hi, can anybody tell me is there a way i can get a new remote key from Audi or anybody as i didnt get one with the car? also even if i rang audi and gave me my vin/chassis /lock barrel codes will they be able to help or am i buggered? if i am is there anyway i can have an aftermarket remote alarm fitted or is that impossible because of the cars electrical ecu etc, and anyway i suppose if it could be done it would cost a fortune !!

Any help Please and i no im expecting the worst !! lol,

Brian

lonky
16-01-2008, 12:51 AM
If you have the appropriate paperwork, Audi will be able to supply you with a new key fob, and tune it to your car.

Failing that many after market alarms can be linked to your central locking. Also you can use it to include total closure etc.

You can even buy just a universal remote that can be linked in, so you still just use the audi original alarm

subly
16-01-2008, 06:57 AM
hi...
r u in the midlands? if so u could always try duplicut...they deal wid locks, imobil, coding n programin keys etc... they provide a mobile service of needed...maybe they could advise u further....
dupli-cut :- 07973 508207...
sorry i dnt no if they hav a website....

readbmr
16-01-2008, 08:37 AM
Hi and thankyou for your help, and when you say the appropiate paperwork , what do you mean exactly as im worried i may not have all the correct paperwork etc, and regards to the last pot above i am from dorset and can you suggest any other company other than audi that may be able to help me? thankyou and regards from Brian in dorset.

routers77
16-01-2008, 01:20 PM
I have just bought another key from Audi. It cost £105 including vat for the key and an extra £38 including vat for it to be recoded. I needed to take my log book and photographic i.d. when i ordered the key.
My car only came with one key. Really wanted to make sure i had a spare one, just in case. I thought about going down the ebay route but decided to go to Audi for more peace of mind. At least if anything goes wrong i have a bit of comeback.

routers77
16-01-2008, 01:27 PM
forgot to add, that you need to take all keys that you already have when the new key is recoded. it only took them about 20 mins.

readbmr
16-01-2008, 01:29 PM
Hi, when yuo say you now have a new key, is it now a remote key that you have? as i only have an ordinary key but want to try and get a remote key made for the car, thankyou for your reply, regards from brian

routers77
16-01-2008, 01:35 PM
yes, i got a new flip key with the remote central locking on it. glad to help. hope you get it sorted ok.

diesel-a4
17-01-2008, 10:51 PM
i called my dealer today to find they were looking £200 to do it for me

robbing *****

routers77
18-01-2008, 01:15 PM
my local dealer in leeds did quote £100 + vat for the key and £50 + vat
for recoding. in the end it cost, in total £143 including vat.

diesel-a4
18-01-2008, 01:49 PM
mite give my nearest dealer over the boarder a wee call and see if the price is lower in any way