PDA

View Full Version : A4 TDI 1.9 Front suspension noise?

tubbs
18-10-2006, 03:07 PM
I have have a rattle on the front of my car that seems to be from the suspension.It was mot'd in June and all that picked up was a worn track pod end that was replaced.The noise only shows when the car is on cobbled surfaces or unmade surfaces like drives/laybys,during normal driving the car is quiet.
Thanks Tubbs

adamss24
18-10-2006, 11:07 PM
check the conecting link between lower arm and upper arm. Its looks like a C. It could also be the spring plate that holds the brake pads, but that should make the brakes squeel also ! Also check the lower suspension arm bushes.

gwentaudi
24-10-2006, 01:03 PM
Yep, almost certainly anti rollbar links, can get a pair on ebay for approx £15, takes 5-10 mins per side and is an easy DIY job.
Gwentaudi

Gaz the Cab
24-10-2006, 02:49 PM
I have have a rattle on the front of my car that seems to be from the suspension.It was mot'd in June and all that picked up was a worn track pod end that was replaced.The noise only shows when the car is on cobbled surfaces or unmade surfaces like drives/laybys,during normal driving the car is quiet.
Thanks Tubbs

I had exactly this on my Passat, does the A4 have the same multi link front suspension?? If so it could well be the LCA which the shock is attached to worn bush where the shock connects to the LCA.

nigel63
24-10-2006, 09:03 PM
hi.from my experience with an a 4 knock on the front goin over cobbles and things it could be a lower balljoint,usually the curved arm lower one.mine used to do it on the rumble strips on entering tesco car park

davidlandy
25-10-2006, 11:46 AM
hi.from my experience with an a 4 knock on the front goin over cobbles and things it could be a lower balljoint,usually the curved arm lower one.mine used to do it on the rumble strips on entering tesco car park

easy cure - dont go to tescos!

adamss24
25-10-2006, 04:31 PM
A4/a6/passat up to 2001 all shared the same floor pan/ front suspension.

nigel63
26-10-2006, 12:05 AM
wat o comedian