PDA

View Full Version : How to remove Golf MkV sidelight bulb ?

steve baker
17-10-2006, 04:06 PM
I need to replace the front sidelight bulb on an 04 plate GT tdi. However there is limited room to get a hand in and I am uncertain whether the bulb just pulls out or does it need twisting first??:o I don't want to break the light unit!!:( But it seems very tight. I presume it is possible without removing the complete light unit first?

Boardboy
17-10-2006, 04:27 PM
They are a push fit on MK IV, not sure about a MK V. Space is a bit tight but try and give it a "wiggle" side to side and pull at the same time.
Hope this helps.
Regards Boardboy.

steve baker
31-10-2006, 01:57 AM
Having managed to remove the off side sidelight bulb by pulling it out it soon became apparent that the nearside would be more difficult in view of the lack of space to insert ones hand. However by using the offside bulb holder as a pattern I bent a piece of metal coat hanger to the right shape which I then used to slide over the nearside bulb holder and gently pulled it free. Easy!!! Might be of help to someone in the future! ?

Boardboy
31-10-2006, 04:35 PM
Glad you got it sorted and I like the use of the coat hangar :biglaugh:

Regards Boardboy

mccanno
02-11-2006, 05:46 PM
you need pincer pliers to depress two tiny clips on the top and bottom flat parts of the retainer, then gve it a gentle pull and voela! It will practically fall into your hands.